PIA-Hartford WYO Flood E&O Webcast Now Available
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is conducted its 2012 Annual Conference in Austin, Texas. On the first day of the conference, Monday, May 7, PIA National flood insurance expert Rita Hollada taught a two-part morning and afternoon session on Avoiding Flood Insurance Errors & Omissions.
Since not all PIA members could attend the conference, PIA together with The Hartford WYO is making the sessions available as a webcast, with Rita as the instructor outlining the leading areas of E&O concern regarding flood insurance and how PIA members can better manage these risks.
The webcast runs approximately one hour and PIA members can listen to it as many times as they wish; they can also include an unlimited number of participants from their agency. This free resource for PIA members is being made available through the generous and full sponsorship of The Hartford WYO. You can view the webcast here by click on the image to the right.
This is a “must-see and hear” resource for every agency that writes NFIP, or is intending to add NFIP flood products to their insurance offerings, features the country’s leading NFIP expert, PIA’s own Rita Hollada. PIA agencies who view the webinar are encouraged to submit any questions to email@example.com; the questions will be answered and used to develop a FAQ which will be posted here in PIA’s flood resource center.
The PIA/Hartford Flood Insurance Program
Since 2004, PIA and The Hartford have joined together to provide PIA member agents the opportunity to offer their customers federal flood insurance through The Hartford, a premier WYO company. The program is available to PIA members and their policyholders in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
The Hartford’s tradition of providing agencies with extraordinary customer service and value is evidenced in their WYO program. The Hartford WYO Flood program offers an easy enrollment process and extremely competitive commissions. Through their national flood insurance service center, The Hartford offers the most advanced Internet services available. They have two plan offerings from which PIA agencies may elect; The Hartford’s Standard program and the Flood Solutions program.
- The Standard program includes a web-based application process with the agency doing the customer service administration with Internet and live customer service support.
- The Flood Solutions program includes a streamlined application process with The Hartford’s Flood Insurance Processing Center doing most of the work. Flood Solutions simplifies the writing of flood insurance for the agency.
For more information about the PIA/Hartford flood insurance program, please click here or contact Joseph M. Surowiecki, Jr. of The Hartford at 860-547-5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org. [NOTE: This is a new contact as of 9/14/12.]
PIA supports comprehensive reforms to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). PIA:
- Opposes the addition of multiple peril (wind) coverage to the NFIP.
- Supports multi-year authorization of NFIP by Congress, in this case five years, in order to operate a balanced, consistent program.
- Supports the forgiveness of the NFIP’s debt, currently at $18.75 billion.
- Supports coordinated flood coverage for commercial policies in the area of business interruption insurance (BII). BII is currently only available in the private sector property market on a “covered peril” basis.
On October 29, 2013, the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate introduced legislation to delay the new rates that are part of the Biggert-Waters 2012 NFIP Reform Bill (BW-12). Click here to read a section-by-section summary of the analysis